It's time for the triumphant return of 10 things! Now on the agenda, Memorial Day Weekend Edition.
So here goes...here are the 10 things I learned over the Memorial Day Weekend:
10. The town I live in is so small that you don't even have to put the correct PO Box number on the envelope. My son received several birthday cards addressed to PO Box ___.
9. Bark collars are a great invention for beagles.
8. One of my favorite childhood TV shows has been remade into a movie. A-Team, here we come!
7. Sadly, Mr. T, who has not aged at all, is not in the new A-Team movie.
6. 9:30 is a great time for worship. Even with a congregational picnic you can still be home by noon and have all Sunday for Sabbath rest.
5. My two year old thinks there are "yarks" in the water.
4. 7 pm baseball games on the West Coast occur at 9 pm central...which is entirely too late, especially when it goes into extra innings.
3. No matter how much you work ahead before an absence, you'll still be behind when you return.
2. Some people are more prone to flaking out than others, namely: musicians.
1. I serve a wonderful congregation with many rich stories of faith to share, as was evidenced by Rodney, Lois, and Crystal.