1. When Orville Redenbacher's Popcorn commercials went retro and began re-airing their 30+ year old commercials I realized that ol' Orville is a lot creepier than I remember.
2. New England Patriots' coach Bill Belichick is an even worse sportsman than I thought. Videotaping opponents is one thing...walking off early when you finally lose is another.
3. There Will Be Blood was a fantastic movie! Young American audiences may not completely understand the concept of a tragedy, as evidenced by the comments I heard from various 20-somethings walking out of the movie, but this movie, based on the Upton Sinclair novel Oil! was a tragedy to which Titus was no rival.
4. It took K-State 24 years to finally win on their home court versus KU. Their current facility was built 22 years ago & until this week KU had a perfect record there. Though I am a die-hard KU fan, I surprisingly found myself rather congratulatory of the purple kitties. Remembering how it felt in 2005 when KU finally beat Nebraska in football after 35 years of futility, I couldn't really deny them that same feeling. But Beasley & Walker will go pro next year, and will be the last blue-chippers to grace Manhattan for another few decades. So here's to the next 24 years of KU dominance!
5. It has now been 3 months since I last saw a blade of grass. The things you take for granted...
6. The only thing more unintelligent than watching Sylvester "Sly" Stallone star in a low-grade, poorly written action movie is seeing him remake the same lousy movie in his fifties. I won't be seeing this one any time soon. Tell me, someone, who finances garbage like this?
7. Cormac McCarthy is evidence that are still some fine American literary works yet to be produced.
8. I hate my dog. Anyone want a Pembroke Welsh Corgi? He's really a good dog most of the time, he just won't shut up at night and is immune to every bark collar on the market.
9. Some older houses, such as the one I live in, have old fashioned boiler heating systems. Every once in a while you have to use the manual water inlet valve to re-balance the water pressure so there's enough water in the system to heat the entire house. I didn't know that before. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.
10. Though I've been addicted to Canada Dry Ginger Ale for years, I may just have a new favorite soda (that's right, I said soda, not pop). At first I was hesitant to try the Diet Rite Pure Zero Red Raspberry. I was afraid it would taste just like every other Diet Soda I've ever tried...gross and pointless. But I tried it anyway and was pleasantly surprised.